Filled Breakfast Pastry
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) crescent seamless dough
- 8 tablespoons strawberry or raspberry or other favorite preserves
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut dough sheets in half. Cut each half into 4 rectangles. Place 1 tablespoon preserves in center of four rectangles. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place remaining rectangles on top of preserves. Seal edges with water.
- Crimp edges of each pastry with a fork to seal.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
- To prepare icing: place cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Place icing in quart-sized resealable plastic bag. Cut corner off the bag and pipe onto pastries. Serve warm.