- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper (or fit with silicone baking mats).
- Into a heavy duty blender or food processor, pulse almonds and flour until they are the consistency of sand. Set aside.
- Into a heavy bottom sauce pan over medium heat add: cream, butter, sugar. Cook, stirring often, until mixture thickens. Approximately 5 minutes. Continue cooking and stirring until mixture begins to lightly brown on edges.
- Remove pan from heat. Add: almonds, honey, vanilla, orange zest and salt. Mix until combined.
- Drop 1 teaspoon of batter onto prepared baking sheets. 6 per pan, spacing apart as cookies will spread during baking. Gently and lightly press down batter. Bake for approximately 6-10 minutes until cookies begin to brown around edges.
- Remove parchment or silicone mats from baking sheets and transfer to baking rack to cool.
- Add a drizzle of chocolate to these after baking if desired.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
- NOTE: You can add a drizzle of chocolate to these after baking if desired.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments