Flourless Chocolate Cake with Boozy Berry Sauce
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 11.5 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup chardonnay
- Optional: Fresh raspberries
- For dusting, Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease 6 mini spring form pans or 1 large spring form pan. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites with until stiff peaks form. Add sugar. Continue whisking until glossy. Set aside.
- While egg whites are whisking, place chocolate chips and butter into microwaveable bowl. Melt in 10-second increments. Mix to combine.
- Add egg yolks one at at time to chocolate. Mix to combine.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in egg whites. Pour mixture into prepared spring form pan(s).
- Bake for approximately 45-55 minutes until sides begin to pull away from pans and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Prior to serving: Place preserves and chardonnay into a small sauce pan and heat over medium heat. Stir to combine. Cook until warmed through.
- Garnish with optional powdered sugar, fresh raspberries and a drizzle of boozy berry sauce.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments