Frankenstein Pudding Cups
- 4 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Green gel food coloring
- 2 cups crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
- 12 gold foiled caramel candies (Roll-o)
- 6 plastic cocktail glasses
- Black permanent marker
- Hot glue gun
- Start by decorating plastic cups. Use a marker to draw on face and stitches on forehead. Use glue gun to attach caramel candies for plugs. Set aside.
- To make the pudding, heat 4 cups of milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat until it begins to bubble around the edges.
- In a large bowl or batter bowl, whisk sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk in egg yolks and 1/2 cup cold milk. Whisk until pale yellow in color. Use a ladle to add 1 ladle of hot milk at a time, whisking constantly. Continue until you have added all of hot milk.
- Carefully pour egg mixture back into the saucepan. Cook over medium heat until it comes to a bubble, whisking constantly. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Strain through a sieve to catch any cooked egg pieces. Add green food coloring.
- Divide pudding evenly among cups. Top with crushed cookie crumbs. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in fridge until ready to serve.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bree Hester @bakedbree.com.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments