French Toast Muffins
- 12 slices of bread
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar or Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar, optional for serving
- Maple Syrup, optional for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 12-count muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Cut your bread into 1-inch cubes and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, heavy cream, brown sugar, vanilla extract, maple extract, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk ingredients together until smooth and combined.
- Add bread to bowl and stir until all bread is evenly coated and has soaked up all milk and egg mixture.
- Add an equal amount of bread mixture to your prepared muffin tin cups.
- In a small bowl mix together granulated sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Sprinkle an even amount of cinnamon sugar on top of each muffin.
- Add to oven and cook for 20 minutes or until tops of muffins are browned and muffins feel a little firm.
- Let cool for a few minutes, remove from muffin tins, sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired, and serve with maple syrup.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.