French Toast Rollups
- 12 slices of white bread
- 2 tablespoons + 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Slice crusts off all 4 sides of each slice of bread.
- Use a rolling pin, roll each slice of bread flat.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons of melted butter and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar together.
- Spread brown sugar mixture onto 1/2 of each slice of bread.
- Starting on side with filling, roll each slice of bread “jelly-roll style.”
- Whisk eggs, milk, cinnamon, white sugar, and vanilla extra together.
- Heat remaining butter in a skillet on low medium heat.
- Once hot, dip rolls one at a time into egg mixture, making sure to coat all sides.
- Place rollups in hot skillet, seam side down, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cook roll ups on each side for about 2 minutes each side, until golden brown and slightly crisp.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve hot with maple syrup.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Dipping Station Ideas:
- Brown Sugar Syrup
- Orange Marmalade
- Triple Berry Freezer Jam
- Homemade Caramel Sauce
- Homemade Nutella
- Salted Caramel Apple Butter
- Chocolate Sauce
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments