Frosted Cranberry Squares
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 packages (3 oz) raspberry flavored gelatin
- 1 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 bag (12 oz) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple in juice, well drained (do not use fresh)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (no white bitter pith)
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pistachios
- Set aside a 9x13-inch pan. If desired line with plastic food film.
- Bring to a boil first listed water and remove from heat. Whisk in gelatin and once dissolved add sugar and set aside.
- Place (defrosted) cranberries in blender with remaining water and mix until finely chopped. Add to gelatin mixture along with pineapple and orange zest.
- Pour in pan and place in refrigerator. Chilling will take 4 hours to set or leave in refrigerator overnight.
- In a cold bowl whip cream, sugar, and vanilla to medium peaks.
- Spread over chilled cranberry gelatin and sprinkle with pistachios.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments