Funfetti Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar + 1 tablespoon for the pan
- 2 teaspoons cake batter extract (or vanilla extract)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rainbow jimmies
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 5 teaspoons milk
- 1-2 tablespoons rainbow jimmies
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9X5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray. Sprinkle pan with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add cake batter extract, eggs, sour cream, and bananas and mix again.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined.
- Add sprinkles and stir gently. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 60-65 minute or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs.
- Remove and let cool on wire rack for 15 minutes, then flip bread out of pan. Cool completely.
- Stir together powdered sugar and milk. Pour on top of bread and smooth out. Top with sprinkles and let set.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jocelyn Brubaker @InsideBruCrewLife.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments