Funfetti Cheesecake Sugar Cookie Cups
- Funfetti Sugar Cookie Cups
- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- Funfetti Cheesecake Filling
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 recipe Crème Chantilly
- 2 teaspoons colored sprinkles, plus more for garnish
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease mini muffin tin with baking spray and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- In separate bowl, sift flour, salt, and baking powder together. Add into wet ingredients, slowly until dough forms. Gently mix in sprinkles.
- Roll tablespoon-sized balls of dough and place into muffin tin, creating a well with your fingers. Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- As soon as cookies come out of oven, use handle of wooden spoon, measuring spoon or muddler and press center down, creating a well in cookie cups. Cool 10 minutes in tin then move cookies onto cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prepare Cheesecake Filling: Combine cream cheese, vanilla, and granulated sugar with stand or hand mixer.
- Add powdered sugar. Mix to combine.
- Fold in Creme Chantilly. Gently fold in sprinkles. Refrigerate for minimum 30 minutes.
- Pipe cheesecake into cooled cookie cups and top with colored sprinkles. Refrigerate in an airtight container if not eating immediately. Can be made up to 8 hours in advance.
Recipe developed by Terri Truscello Miller @LoveandConfections.