- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons water or orange juice
- 1/2 cup white nonpareils
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray 2 (12 count) muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and cornstarch in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter and sugar. Mix at medium speed until creamy; about 3 minutes. Decrease mixer speed and add eggs one at a time. Add oil. Add dry ingredients alternating with milk until well combined; about 3 minutes.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide mixture between molds, filling just under rim. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let pound cakes cool for 5 minutes in mold, remove from molds and let cool completely on cooling rack.
- While pound cakes cool, combine apricot preserves and water (or orange juice) in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until mixture is well combined and runny. Remove from heat.
- Place nonpareils in a shallow bowl. Dip bottom half of each pound cake in apricot preserves mixture then dip in nonpareils. Place pound cakes in cupcake liners with nonpareils side up. Let cool and enjoy.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ericka Sanchez @nibblesandfeasts.