Ginger Ale Bundt Cake
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup ginger ale (reserve the remainder of the can)
- 3/4 cup finely diced crystallized ginger
- 1 pound Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 5 tablespoons ginger ale
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a Bundt pan.
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, salt and baking powder. Set aside. In a large bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Mix in eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Beat in sour cream.
- Alternating, add in flour mixture and ginger ale, starting and ending with flour. Add flour in three additions. Mix just until combined. Fold in crystallized ginger.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean, or with a few crumbs.
- Meanwhile, make glaze. Whisk confectioner’s sugar, ginger ale and vanilla together until smooth. (You’ll still have some ginger ale left over.) Cover with plastic wrap and set aside until needed.
- Remove cake from oven and place on a wire cooling rack for 5 minutes. Prick all along bottom of cake (the part showing) with a long skewer or toothpick. Brush with remaining ginger ale. After 5 minutes, place wire rack face down on top of exposed part of the Bundt cake. Flip over and let it rest for a minute. Gently remove pan. Let cool completely.
- Place cake and wire rack on a rimmed cookie sheet to catch drips. Spoon glaze over cake. Let glaze set for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments