- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar, for rolling dough
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Sift together flour and baking soda and set aside.
- Mix butter until light and fluffy, add sugar and mix well. Add egg and combine well.
- Add salt and spices and mix until well combined. Add dry ingredients and mix just until dough forms.
- Press dough on plastic food wrap 1/2-inch thick. Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- When ready to roll dough preheat oven to 340°F.
- Set aside a couple of cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or brushed lightly with melted butter.
- Remove about one-third of dough and roll on a kitchen towel sprinkled with granulated sugar. Roll dough 1/8-inch thick.
- Cut circles about 1 3/4-inch in diameter and place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies for about 17 minutes or until they spring back when lightly pressed with a finger.
- Allow to cool. If they are not crisp enough when cool, return to oven for a few more minutes.