Ginger Sandwich Cookies with Cream Cheese Icing
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- For Rolling: Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Cream Cheese Frosting
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add butter and sugar. With paddle attachment, beat on low speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. It will look grainy at first since you’re using double amount of sugar, but keep beating until sugar dissolves into butter.
- Add egg and molasses. Mix to combine.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and spices. Beat until just combined.
- Using a medium size ice-cream scoop, drop cookie dough onto baking sheets. Once all cookies have been scooped, take one by one, shape dough into a ball in your hands. Roll each dough ball into remaining sugar and place them back onto baking sheets.
- Bake cookies, one sheet at a time, for 11-12 minutes until just firm to touch.
- Remove cookies from oven and cool completely.
- Prepare cream cheese frosting.
- To make ginger cookie sandwiches, pipe frosting onto half of the cookies and top with remaining cookies. Gently press down.
- Store cookies into an airtight container.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Roxana Yawgel at a TrEATS Affair.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments