Ginger Snowball Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, mix butter for 30 seconds or until creamy. Add 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar, vanilla, dark brown sugar, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- Mix on medium speed, scraping sides of bowl with a spatula, until creamy and mixed well.
- Decrease mixer speed to low and add flour 1/2 cup at a time. Mix for 8-10 minutes or until mixture resembles cookie dough. Scrape sides of bowl with spatula every 2-3 minutes.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon at a time, roll between palms of hand and arrange on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until bottom of cookies are golden. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Dust with confectioner’s sugar and place on cooling rack to cool completely.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ericka Sanchez @nibblesandfeasts.