Gingerbread and White Chocolate Cinnamon Roll Wreath
- 3/4 cup water, about 75°F
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 cup all-purpose flour* or bread flour*
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup water, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour*
- 3 tablespoons instant yeast
- 1/4 cup water lukewarm
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) + 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, soft
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar, well packed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon (Vietnamese recommended)
- 2 teaspoons dried ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- 1 1/4 cups white chocolate chips
White Chocolate Glaze and Decoration
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/3 cups white chocolate chips
- Handful of mints (optional)
- 1-pint raspberries
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a mixing bowl, combine first listed water with first listed yeast. Add first listed flour and mix smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 1 hour in a warm area.
- In mixing bowl add eggs, room temperature water, vanilla, sugar, honey, salt, and remaining flour.
- Combine yeast with lukewarm water and place on top of flour.
- Either with hands or using a dough hook attachment, mix until dough becomes elastic and smooth, about 5-7 minutes. (Medium speed if using stand mixer.)
- Gradually add pieces of butter to dough allowing it to be fully incorporated before adding next amount. When incorporated stop mixing.
- Cover bowl with plastic food wrap and set in a warm place (top of the refrigerator) and allow dough to rise until doubled in volume, about 60-80 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare filling by whisking butter, brown sugar, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and cardamom smooth. Set aside at room temperature.
- Line a large cookie sheet (preferable 14 x 16-inches) with parchment paper and set aside.
- When dough has doubled in size remove from bowl, this will make dough collapse which is normal and required.
- On a well-floured surface roll dough into a rectangle measuring roughly 18 x 18-inches.
- Spread gingerbread paste evenly over surface and sprinkle with white chocolate chips.
- Starting from bottom edge roll dough forward into a long roll. Transfer roll onto cookie sheet and shape into a wreath. Placing a ramekin in center is helpful to keep a perfect round shape in center.
- Using a sharp French knife, cut 3/4 of way towards inner edge of dough (towards ramekin) in 1 1/2-inch intervals. Essentially, rolls are still connected in center.
- Once cut, turn each section on its side and slightly overlap previous one.
- Place in a warm place until wreath has gained about 75% in volume, this will take nearly one hour. Meanwhile preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place in oven and bake until light golden brown, about 30-33 minutes.
- For white chocolate glaze, bring whipping cream to a full boil. Remove from heat and whisk in chocolate chips and set aside.
- Crush some peppermints with rolling pin.
- Allow wreath to cool. Using a spoon drizzle chocolate glaze onto wreath.
- Decorate with raspberries and crushed peppermints.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Use bread flour with 4 grams/protein on nutrition facts label.