- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 5 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2/3 cup honey or corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups semisweet chocolate (do not use bittersweet)
- 3-4 cups pecan pieces
Powdered Sugar Glaze
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup pecan halves for decoration
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line bottom and sides of a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper. (A touch of oil will help it to stick to pan.) Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and all spices. Set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, whisk eggs and yolks until well blended. Add sugar and whisk rapidly until smooth. Add honey/corn syrup, vanilla, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate in 10 second increments in microwave oven stirring in between. If chocolate is too thick to pour, add 2 tablespoons oil. Do not add water as this will thicken chocolate. Whisk into egg/sugar mixture.
- Remove whisk and add dry ingredients. Using a spatula mix until combined. Add pecans.
- Spread mixture evenly into pan.
- Bake until center has set and no longer trembles, about 48 minutes.
- Once cooled cut in desired pieces.
- For icing combine powdered sugar and water. Drizzle or spread on surface of bars.
- If desired decorate with a pecan half.