- 30 - 40 gingerbread cookies, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To prepare crust: Combine gingerbread cookies and butter in a large bowl; mixing until well blended. Press firmly into bottom of a springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes; cool.
- To prepare filling: Place cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric beater until combined. Add eggs, orange rind and orange juice; mixing until well blended. Spread over crust. Bake for 30 minutes or until set. Cool.
- To prepare frosting: Combine sour cream and powdered sugar; mixing until well blended. Spread over top of cheesecake. Garnish with additional grated orange rind, if desired. Store cheesecake in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Imperial Sugar Insight
This recipe was featured on our Confectioners Powdered Sugar Poly-bag.
From the kitchen of:
L. Nava, Houston, Texas
Submitted by KODA-FM
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments