Gingerbread Cheesecake Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 whole large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line or spray 18 muffin cups. Set aside.
- Start by making the filling. Cream together cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla for cheesecake layer. You want it nice and smooth. Just set aside until you are ready to fill muffin cups.
- In a bowl combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, and all spices) and whisk until they are well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix together melted butter, molasses, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and milk until well combined and smooth.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients until they are just combined. Stir in the yogurt until it is incorporated.
- Fill muffin cups with 1-2 tablespoons of gingerbread muffin batter. Top with 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture, and then top with an additional 1-2 tablespoons of muffin batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until they spring back on top or when a tester comes out mostly clean.
- Remove and let them cool for about 10 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Muffin batter does thicken quickly, so make sure to have your cheesecake mixture ready when you start.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.