- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 large eggs, beaten, or 1 1/2 cups egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together (all-purpose, whole wheat flours, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves) until well blended.
- In a small bowl, mix apple juice, eggs or egg substitute, and melted butter. Dump wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just moistened but still lumpy.
- Heat large skillet or griddle that has been sprayed with a non-stick vegetable spray. Spoon approximately 3 tablespoons of batter into skillet to make medium sized pancakes. Cook for a few minutes until bottom of pancake is browned, turn and cook for a few minutes on second side. Serve with fresh fruit.