Gingerbread Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Swirl
Gingerbread Pound Cake
- 3/4 package (6 oz) cream cheese, soft at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (Vietnamese preferred)
- 1 tablespoon dried ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- Pinch white pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, soft
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar or Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons milk or water
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 package (4 oz) cream cheese, soft
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine soft cream cheese with sugar and set aside.
- Line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper or butter and flour it. Set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients starting with flour and ending with salt. Sift together. Set aside.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add sugars and mix further. Add one egg and once fully incorporated add next. Scrape bowl and mix in remaining egg.
- In a slow steady stream add molasses followed by milk. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Scrape one third of batter into prepared pan. Spoon half of cream cheese mixture on surface, but ensure it stays 1/4-inch away from sides of pan. Gently swirl a spoon in cream cheese without marbelizing it too much into cake batter.
- Cover with another third of cake batter and spoon remaining amount of cream cheese. Cover with remaining cake batter.
- Bake until center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or a toothpick comes out clean. About 80 minutes. If cakes turns too dark during baking, drape it with lightly buttered aluminum foil. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing.
- Prepare frosting by combining soft cream cheese with 1/4 cup powdered sugar using a firm rubber spatula. Add another 1/4 and once combined and lump free add 1/2 cup. Once smooth add remaining powdered sugar.
- Spread on surface of cake.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments