- 2 2/3 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons vegetable or coconut oil
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer directions.
- Meanwhile, whisk together milk, oil, molasses, brown sugar, and eggs.
- Add flour, cornstarch, ginger, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and cloves. Whisk until batter forms and there are no streaks of flour (some small lumps are ok).
- Generously spray waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and cook 3/4 cup of batter at a time.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ashton Swank @keatseats.