Gluten-Free Chocolate Waffles
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour*
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a bowl combine the flour, cocoa, sugar and baking soda.
- In another bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Beat the egg yolks with the coconut milk and vinegar. Gradually add the egg yolk mixture to the dry ingredients stirring well with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Fold the egg whites into the mixture.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Preheat the waffle iron and follow the manufacturers instructions.
- Serve warm with fruit, cream and syrup.