Gluten-Free Peach Upside Down Cake
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend*
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour*
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 - 3 pounds fresh peaches, halved then sliced longwise
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole milk
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat melt the coconut oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons milk and brown sugar until combined and liquid.
- In a bowl, combine the almond flour, regular flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cinnamon together. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs together with 1 cup milk. Add to flour mixture.
- In a greased 9 inch pie plate, arrange peaches in a star pattern on the bottom of the plate. Pour in brown sugar and oil mixture covering all the peaches. Next pour batter into pan. Smooth with a spatula. Place pie plate on a cookie sheet to avoid spill overs and bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool in the plate on a rack for 10 minutes. Loosen the edges and then turn over onto a cake plate.
- Once completely cooled, dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!