Gooey Butter Cake
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Set aside a 9x13-inch baking pan. For easy removal, line pan with parchment paper which overhangs all sides. Set aside.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- Mix butter and sugar completely together but not until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time waiting for previously added egg to be completely incorporated before adding next.
- Add salt and vanilla and scrape batter into prepared pan. Press evenly over surface.
- For topping mix cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth. Add one egg at a time waiting for previously added egg to be completely incorporated in before adding next.
- Add extracts. Spread mixture evenly over bottom layer.
- Place in oven for approximately 35-37 minutes or until light golden brown and center is slightly puffed.
- Dust with powdered sugar just before serving.