Grahamothers Graham Cracker Bars
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup walnuts nuts, chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- Line 9 x 13-inch pan with whole graham crackers, set aside.
- In a sauce pan melt better and add sugar. Beat egg and milk together then add it to butter. Bring to a boil stirring constantly over low heat. (If you get any cooked egg whites, strain from mixture.)
- When mixture boils add nuts, coconut and graham cracker crumbs, stir to blend all ingredients.
- Pour over crackers in pan and put a layer of whole graham crackers on top. Pour icing over the top.
- Icing: Mix all ingredients together and beat until smooth. Pour over top of cookie and chill. Cut into squares.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe from Homemade Good News
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments