Grandma’s Pineapple Cookies
- 3 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Reserved pineapple juice
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream both sugars and shortening until light and fluffy. Add eggs and mix well. Add drained pineapple and vanilla. Mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients and add to butter mixture. Mix until combined.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on a wire rack.
- To make glaze, add juice to powdered sugar a little at a time to get desired consistency. (If you do not have enough juice, you may use water.)
- Spread glaze generously over cooled cookies.
This recipe comes from Sweetalk member Linda Durant who won Third Place in the Favorite Cookie category at the 2019 Louisiana State Fair.