- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Cream butter and sugar in mixing bowl. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Add flour, baking powder, soda, salt and buttermilk. Stir to incorporate dry ingredients.
- Using your hands, pull of small pieces of dough and roll into walnut-sized balls. Place them on ungreased cookie sheet and then flatten each one with a glass that’s been dipped in sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-13 minutes, removing when edges are golden and centers are almost set.
- To prepare the icing: Mix all ingredients together until smooth. Using a spoon, spread 1-2 teaspoons of icing on top of each cookie.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments