Granny Apple Surprise with Caramel Candied Granola
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided into four
- 4 tablespoons store-bought caramel sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- In a large bowl combine apples, half of lemon juice and flour. Toss to coat evenly. Add 1 tablespoon unsalted butter to skillet. Pour in apple mixture and sauté apples about 5 minutes stirring frequently for even cooking.
- To the skillet, add cinnamon, nutmeg, and apple juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly spray four 5-ounce oven-proof ramekins. Scoop apple mixture evenly into each ramekin.
- In a medium bowl combine oats, granola, brown sugar and salt and mix thoroughly. Distribute topping (4 tablespoons each) the ramekins. Place one half-tablespoon butter on top of each ramekin. Place all ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
- Drizzle store-bought caramel sauce on top of each ramekin and enjoy.