Grapefruit Greek Yogurt Faux Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups Homemade Graham Crackers
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) melted butter
- 1 container (32 oz) Greek yogurt, 2 % or regular
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit zest (no white bitter pith)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make crust: Crush graham crackers with a rolling pin to obtain 1 1/2 cups (approximately 1 sleeve of graham crackers). Add melted butter and combine well. Press onto bottom of a 9-inch diameter spring form pan and place in the oven for 12 minutes or golden. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients mix yogurt and sugar until well blended.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs for a few minutes or until no stings remain. Add eggs and blend into yogurt mixture.
- Add vanilla extract and grapefruit zest.
- Bake until the center of the cake no longer trembles when tapping the sides of the pan, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for 30 minutes and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Run a sharp knife around the edge and bottom of the cheesecake and decorate with grapefruit segments and/or berries.
Imperial Sugar Insight
*Can use store-bought graham crackers as well.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments