Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars
- 30 Oreo® cookies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 3 large eggs
- 8 ounces white Bakers chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup Crème de Menthe
- 2 ounces semisweet Bakers chocolate, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Sprinkles, optional
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 9 x 13-inch dish with foil.
- Pulse Oreo cookies, cream included, in a food processor until crumbs. Mix together crumbs and melted butter. Press evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake crust for 11 minutes. Remove and cool.
- Place large sheet pan on bottom oven rack. Fill half full of water. Let oven preheat to 325°F again.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add sour cream and flour and beat again.
- Add eggs and beat just until mixed in. Remove 1 cup of batter and set aside.
- Pour melted white chocolate and Crème de Menthe into big bowl of cheesecake batter. Beat until mixed together. Pour on crust.
- Add melted chocolate to reserved batter and beat until mixed in. Use a spoon to drop chocolate batter on top of cheesecake batter in pan.
- Use a butter knife to swirl gently. Do not go all the way to bottom.
- Place pan of cheesecake on oven rack above steaming water. Bake 50-55 minutes, or until sides are set and center is still slightly wiggly. Remove and place on wire rack to cool for an hour, then refrigerate until chilled through.
- Place metal bowl and beaters in freezer for 10 minutes. Pour in heavy cream and powdered sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon into piping bag fitted with icing tip 1M. Swirl on cheesecake bars and top with sprinkles, if desired.
Note: You can use green gel food coloring and 1/2 teaspoon mint extract in place of the Crème de Menthe.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jocelyn Brubaker @InsideBruCrewLife.