- 2 1/2 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup salted butter, cold and cut into chunks
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 pound Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 3 tablespoons cream or milk
- Green gel/paste food coloring
- 1/2 cup dark or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Andes® Creme De Menthe Baking Chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Andes® Creme de Menthe Thins for topping, optional
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment.
- Whisk flour, cocoa, cornstarch, and baking powder together. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together for several minutes until combined and fluffy. Add egg to bowl and beat until mixed. Mix in vanilla. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl.
- In three additions, add flour mixture on low speed. Scrape bottom and sides of bowl. The mixture will appear dry; continue scraping and mixing on low until dough comes together and pulls away from sides of bowl.
- Use a #24 cookie scoop (about 2 1/2 tablespoons) to portion dough onto prepared sheets. Bake for 12 minutes. Immediately after removing from oven, use a melon baller or back of a tablespoon to press a divot into cookies. Let sit on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Make buttercream. Cream butter until smooth and fluffy. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and mint extracts. Mix on low until combined. Add cream or milk. Increase speed to medium and mix until smooth and fluffy. Use a toothpick to add a bit of green food coloring to the buttercream. Mix until incorporated.
- Spoon a dollop of buttercream over each cookie, filling divot and spreading a little on top — about 1 rounded teaspoon per cookie.
- Make ganache. Place chocolate chips and mint chips in a bowl. Heat cream over medium-low until steaming, but not bubbling. Pour over chocolate. Let sit 5 minutes, then stir gently until chocolate melts and is smooth.
- Spoon a bit over each cookie (you’ll have extra to use as a sauce for ice cream). Press an Andes® Creme de Menthe Thin into each one, if desired.
- Chill in refrigerator to set and for storage.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments