Green Velvet Jalapeno Jelly Thumbprint Cookies
Green Velvet Thumbprint Cookies
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Sift flour and baking soda together and set aside.
- Cream butter until smooth, add sugars and mix but not until light and fluffy. Add egg, salt, and vanilla and green food color and mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients all at once and mix until just combined.
- Refrigerate dough for about 45 minutes or until it is no longer too sticky to roll in balls.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Take one tablespoon amounts of dough and shape into balls.
- Place on a parchment lined or buttered cookie sheet.
- Press your thumb into center of cookie to make a deep indention.
- Place in oven. If after about 10 minutes of baking, centers of cookies are puffing too much, press them down with a small spoon. Bake until bottom edges are barely light golden, about 12-14 minutes.
- Fill centers with jelly while cookies are still hot. This will make jelly heat up slightly and create a smooth surface.