Grilled Amaretto Peaches With Pistachio Ice Cream
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto or other almond liquor
- Pinch salt
- 1 standard size peach per person
- 1 pint pistachio ice cream
- Optional: 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Combine sugar, cream, butter, vanilla, Amaretto and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Turn on grill. Cut peaches in 6 (or in 8 slices when large).
- Dip cut peaches in sauce and place on preheated grill. After approximately 30 seconds turn over and grill for 15-20 additional seconds.
- Place in bowls and serve with pistachio ice cream and toasted almonds.