Grilled Asparagus with Toasted Pecans and Shaved Parmesan
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus - trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- Parmesan for shaving
- Into a shallow pan, add asparagus. Drizzle oil over asparagus and season with salt, pepper and sugar. Toss to coat.
- Spray a grill pan with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange asparagus in pan in single file. Do this in batches if necessary.
- Place pan over medium-high heat and grill for approximately 3-5 minutes on each side until grill marks appear and asparagus softens slightly.
- While asparagus is grilling, toast pecans in a small skillet.
- Garnish asparagus with toasted pecans and shavings of parmesan.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.