Grilled Balsamic Chicken With Mediterranean Salad
- 4 (8 ounces) skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup sugared balsamic dressing for marinade (recipe follows)
- Sugared Balsamic Dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus 1 teaspoon zest
- 4 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely minced rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, grated on a micro-plane
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup thin sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 marinated artichoke hearts, sliced into fans
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Make dressing by mixing the lemon juice, zest, sugar, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, salt, pepper, and garlic. Whisk in the olive oil.
- Pour 1/2 cup of dressing into a bag, add chicken and marinate at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Place 1/4 cup of remaining dressing in a small bowl.
- When ready to cook, remove chicken from the marinade. Grill chicken until browned on both sides, anywhere from 5-10 minutes per side depending on size of breast. Brush with 1-2 tablespoons of dressing and cook 2-3 minutes more. Add dressing to other side. Cook until internal temperature is 165°F and the juices run clear when pierced. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, gently mix tomatoes, arugula, onion and feta with the remaining dressing and toss together.
- Place one chicken breast on each plate.
- Divide dressed salad, plate with chicken and top each with artichokes.