Grilled Pound Cake with Roasted Pineapple
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 medium pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously coat a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy on medium-high speed. Reduce speed to medium add eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition. Add vanilla and salt. With mixer on low gradually add flour and mix just until combined.
- Spoon into loaf pan and bake for about an hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 20 minutes, remove and cool completely.
Grilled Pound Cake
- Preheat a grill pan on medium heat. Butter both sides of sliced pound cake. Grill pound cake 2 minutes on each side, turning once until lightly golden and charred. Serve with roasted fruit and drizzle with warm dulce de leche sauce and garnish with cherries, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and generously spray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk together orange juice, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Add pineapple and toss to coat.
- Roast pineapple for 10-15 minutes, until tender and caramelized. Serve with sliced pound cake.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Vianney Rodriguez @sweetlifebake.com.