Halloween Swirled Cheesecake Bars
- 30 Oreo® cookies
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 3 large eggs
- Orange, purple, and green gel colors
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 48 candy eyes
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F degrees. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with nonstick baking spray. Set aside.
- Crush cookies (with filling) in a food processor. Stir in butter. Press evenly into bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes, then remove and cool.
- Place a large rimmed sheet pan on bottom rack of oven and fill halfway with water.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add sour cream, vanilla, and flour and beat again.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until incorporated. Do not over mix batter.
- Divide cheesecake batter evenly into 3 bowls. Use gel colors to tint batter to desired colors.
- Spoon batter evenly over cooled crust, alternating colors. Use a butter knife to swirl the colors gently. Do not over swirl.
- Place cheesecake pan on the rimmed sheet with water and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove and cool on wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Just prior to serving, place mixing bowl and whisk attachment in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Pour heavy cream and powdered sugar in chilled bowl. Beat on high until light and fluffy.
- Use a piping bag and icing tip 1A to swirl whip cream on top of squares. Press candy eyes into each swirl right before serving.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jocelyn Brubaker @InsideBruCrewLife.