He Loves Me Cake
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup thawed raspberries, pureed & strained
- 4 large egg whites (no yolk traces)
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups (16 oz) whipping cream
- 2 pints raspberries
- Rolled Fondant
- Pink, yellow and green food color
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Set aside two 9-inch cake pans lined with a circle of parchment paper on bottom of pan. Do not grease pans.
- Sift together flour, cornstarch, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt and set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients, whisk egg yolks and oil until smooth. Add raspberry puree. Whisk in dry sifted ingredients.
- In separate bowl whip egg whites, 1/4 cup sugar and cream of tartar to medium peaks. Fold whipped meringue into above, do not overfold to ensure a light and airy mixture.
- Scrape batter evenly into prepared pans and bake about 20 minutes and center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger.
- Turn pan upside down onto a plastic wrap lined surface and allow cake to cool.
- Run a knife around edges of pan to loosen cake and brush away cake crumbs from edges. Place one cake layer on serving tray and remove parchment paper.
- In a cold bowl, whip whipping cream with 2 tablespoons sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla to medium-firm peaks. Do not over whip!
- Spread half of cream onto cake layer. Cut 1 pint of raspberries in half and scatter onto cream.
- Top with another cake layer and spread remaining cream on surface.
- Decorate with raspberries.
- Make a small amount of rolled fondant in yellow, pink and green to decorate cake.
- Roll pink fondant about 1/8-inch thick onto a powdered sugared surface and cut a large circle, set aside on a surface coated with lots of powdered sugar.
- Using green fondant, roll into a tube and make a stem and place onto pink circle.
- Using white fondant, roll into small balls and roll lengthwise and shape into petals. With back of a paring knife make a lengthwise indention onto petal.
- Place petals onto pink circle to create a flower.
- Make center of flower with yellow and prick with a knife to create texture. Place flower on top.
- Transfer onto cake surface and scatter some petals around cake.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments