Heart Shaped Raspberry Rolls
Sweet Roll Dough
- 1 cup lukewarm whole milk
- 1/3 cup lukewarm water
- 1 package (2 1/4 teaspoons) instant yeast
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 1/2 cups (15.75 ounces) all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 10-ounce package frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 1/3 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For the dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, add all dough ingredients and stir until combined. Turn mixer on medium speed and knead for 5 minutes, or until smooth. Remove dough to a floured work surface, cover, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- For filling: In a medium bowl toss frozen raspberries with sugar, cornstarch, and orange zest.
- After dough has rested, use a floured rolling pin to roll it out into a 9 by 15-inch rectangle. Spread evenly with raspberry mixture. Starting on the long side, tightly roll dough up, stopping at center. Roll other side up, stopping when two sides meet at the middle. Gently press together.
- Use a very sharp knife to cut off ends, then cut dough into 10 equal pieces. Shape pieces into hearts by pinching the bottom of roll between two fingers into a point.
- Place in greased pie pan, with points toward the center, or place in a greased 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Bake for about 25 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack for at least 5 minutes.
- For icing: While rolls cool, place chocolate hazelnut spread into a zip-top bag and cut a small hole in one corner. Drizzle spread over rolls just before serving.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Tessa Arias @HandletheHeat.