Heavenly Hash Squares
- 3 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (1.5 oz) high quality chocolate bar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained (optional)
- Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, chocolate chips, chocolate bar, corn syrup, and milk in a heavy bottom pan and cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Stir as necessary.
- Continue cooking, stirring frequently until mixture reaches soft ball stage (230°F).
- Remove from flame. Stir in butter. Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla. Fold in almonds and marshmallows (and optional cherries).
- Pour into prepared pan. Transfer to refrigerator to chill until completed set. Approximately 3-4 hours.
- Cut into squares prior to serving. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Imperial Sugar Insight
You can find the first printing of the recipe in the 1951 edition of Sue’s Candy Kettle Cookbook, page 9.
Heavenly Hash® is a wholly owned trademark of Elmer Chocolate®. All rights reserved.