Hello Dolly Bars
- 1 can (13-14 oz) coconut milk, full fat and unsweetened
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips or additional chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- Combine coconut milk and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to boil and turn to simmer. In beginning stages, stir occasionally and stir more near end of cooking/reducing. Continue to cook until mixture is reduced to about 1 1/3 cups.
- Add salt and vanilla. Set aside.
- Set aside a 9 x 13-inch rimmed cookie sheet or jelly roll pan. Line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter and stir into graham cracker crumbs. Press mixture evenly over surface of prepared pan.
- Scatter chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and nuts onto crust. Drizzle evenly with thickened coconut milk. Sprinkle with shredded coconut and place in oven.
- After 20 minutes in the oven, check to see that coconut is not getting burnt. If needed, place a sheet of parchment or aluminum foil over pan. Bake approximately 27 minutes or until edges are turning golden-light brown.
- Once cooled cut in squares. Store airtight for up to 3 days.