- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Cream together sugar and butter. Beat in egg until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Add half of dry ingredients to creamed butter, add milk, then beat in remaining dry ingredients. Fold in dried fruit and vanilla. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick baking spray. Roll out dough to approximately 3/8-inch and cut into preferred shapes. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.