Homemade Chocolate Pudding
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour*
- Pinch salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (about 55% cacao)
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a large saucepan whisk together cream, milk, sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt.
- Vigorously whisk in egg yolks. Place over medium high heat and whisk constantly until the mixture boils and makes thick visible bubbles.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract and chocolate chips.
Imperial Sugar Insight
If you love this recipe, we bet you'd love our Homemade Vanilla Pudding too!