Homemade Strawberry Jam
- Combine all ingredients in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often.
- Once mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, and skimming foam off top. Use a potato masher or similar kitchen tool to smash berries and break them up.
- Cook jam about 60 minutes or until jam is reduced to a nice, thick, jam-like consistency and jam drips thickly off back of a spoon.
- Divide jam between 3-4 half-pint size jars. At this point jam can be cooled and stored in fridge for up to one month or in the freezer for several months.
- If you'd like to process, fill sterilized jars leaving 1/4-inch head space. Wipe rims of jars clean and cover with lids and rings. Process in a pot of boiling water (making sure water covers the jars completely) for 10 minutes.
- Remove from water bath. Let the jars cool to room temperature before removing the rings and storing. The jam will keep for one year.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Kelley Epstein @Mountain Mama Cooks.