Hot Chocolate Muddy Buddies
- 5 cups Chex cereal (your favorite flavor)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 (1 oz) packets of hot chocolate mix
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- In a microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Heat for 1 minute, and then remove and stir until smooth and combined. Add in vanilla and mix until it is blended.
- Add cereal to a large bowl and pour chocolate mixture over top. Mix together until cereal is fully coated in chocolate mixture.
- Fill a large ziplock bag with powdered sugar and hot chocolate mix. Add in coated cereal, zip to seal and then toss around to fully coat cereal.
- Pour mixture onto a baking sheet and let it set up and cool completely.
- Top with mini marshmallows and store in an airtight container.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.