Hot Chocolate Overnight Oats
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup almond milk, or any other milk
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 2 ounces dark chocolate
- Mini marshmallows for serving, optional
- Stir oats, cocoa powder, sugar, chia seeds, and salt together. In another bowl, whisk almond milk, yogurt, and vanilla. Pour milk mixture over oats and stir well. Divide into two mugs or latte bowls.
- Spoon marshmallow creme into a piping bag. Pipe a swirl over top of each bowl of oats. Break chocolate into pieces and microwave at 50% power for 20-second intervals until just melted. Pour evenly over top.
- Refrigerate overnight. Sprinkle with mini marshmallows, if desired. Serve cold.
This recipe can be made virtually dairy-free using nut milk and dairy-free yogurt or with dairy using regular milk and yogurt.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.