- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup natural (non Dutched) cocoa powder or Dutched cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Milk, as needed
- Optional: Crème Chantilly
- Whisk to a boil, water, sugar and salt. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in cocoa powder and vanilla extract.
- Bring required amount of milk to a boil (up to 7 cups) and add chocolate syrup to taste. Pour in cups.
- If desired, add a piece of dark chocolate in each cup and stir.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Preferably choose all natural (Non Dutched) cocoa powder to ensure the highest levels of antioxidants in your hot cocoa. This recipe is most convenient since it is chocolate syrup which you can store in the refrigerator. Then, you can heat a cup of milk and stir in the amount of chocolate syrup to your preference. For extra richness, stir in each cup a piece of good quality dark chocolate.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments