- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapples
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped English walnuts
- 2 cups mashed bananas (3-4 bananas)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs slightly beaten, vanilla, crushed pineapple and oil.
- Mix well with wooden spoon. Do not beat or use a mixer.
- Add chopped walnuts and mashed bananas and mix well.
- Place in 13 x 9-inch loaf pan or two 9-inch round or square pans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Prepare Cream Cheese Frosting and frost cake once cool. Sprinkle with additional chopped nuts if desired.