Hummingbird Mini Bundt Cakes
Hummingbird Bundt Cakes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour* + extra for dusting pan
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature + extra for buttering pan
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, with juices
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour 12 mini bundt pans.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- Mix butter and both sugars until well combined; mix in vanilla.
- Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, and pineapples. Add milk.
- Slowly mix in flour mixture.
- Fold in 2 cups chopped pecans.
- Divide cake batter evenly into 12 mini bundt cake pans
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Let cakes cool 5-10 minutes before turning over and removing from pan. Let cake cool completely before frosting.
- For frosting, whisk together cream cheese and vanilla extract. Slowly add in powdered sugar.
- Whisk in milk and water.
- Drizzle icing over cooled cakes and top with chopped pecans.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.