No Fail Crisp Pie Crust
- 1 stick unsalted butter, soft
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese, soft at room temperature
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 ounce) crushed pineapple, very well drained
- 2/3 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 lemon or lime
- 1 cup candied pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. To make crust, mix butter and powdered sugar using a paddle attachment until well blended. Add egg and mix until well combined. Add salt and vanilla.
- Add flour in one step and on low speed mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Press dough evenly flat onto a sheet of plastic food film. Place dough in refrigerator or freezer for about 30 minutes or until well chilled.
- Meanwhile chill work surface area that you will be rolling dough on by placing a cookie sheet filled with ice cubes on the area.
- Set aside an 8-or 9-inch pie pan.
- Sprinkle chilled area lightly with flour and roll dough into a circle large enough to cover entire pie pan. Place dough into place and remove excess. Press dough into any cracks or tears.
- Prick holes all around the bottom using a fork and place in oven. After baking for about 5-8 minutes check pie to ensure that no bubbles are forming on the bottom of dough. If so, prick bubbles with a paring knife or fork. Bake until light golden brown, about 13-15 minutes and remove from oven.
- For the filling combine soft cream cheese and powdered sugar. Add vanilla, well-drained crushed pineapple, and coconut and combine well.
- In a cold bowl whip whipping cream until medium peaks have formed. Do not whip stiff as you would for piping rosettes on cakes, etc.
- Add whipped cream to the above and gently fold in.
- Cut bananas lengthwise in half and toss in a small amount of lemon juice. Arrange bananas into pie shell. Scrape filling in baked pie shell covering bananas.
- Decorate pie with candied pecans. If desired sprinkle with cinnamon.